We hope that you are happy with every aspect of your interaction with Newline. However, if you are in any way dissatisfied, with any aspect of the service you have received from us or you are otherwise unhappy with your interaction with Newline, please contact us so that we can investigate the matter fully and deal with any dissatisfaction appropriately. You may make a complaint by telephone, letter or any other form of written communication.
Our contact details are:
FAO Complaints Officer
55 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7NE
||+44 (0)20 7090 1700 (ask for Complaints Officer)|
||+44 (0)20 7090 1701|
- We will record your details and the nature of your complaint and acknowledge it in writing within five business days: unless your complaint can be resolved to your satisfaction by the end of the next business day after the complaint was received, in which case we will write to you acknowledging the complaint, its resolution and confirming any redress offered in satisfaction of your complaint where applicable.
- We will investigate your complaint and revert to you as soon as possible, keeping you regularly updated as to the progress of the investigation where necessary.
- If we are satisfied that your complaint should be referred to another party to investigate, we will forward the complaint or the relevant part of the complaint to that party promptly and in writing, and will issue you with a final response explaining why the complaint has been forwarded to another party and giving you the other parties contact details.
- We will within four weeks of receiving a complaint, send you either a final response or a holding response explaining why we are not yet in a position to resolve the matter.
- If we have not been able to investigate fully and respond to your complaint within eight weeks we will write to you again explaining why, and indicating when we think we will be able to reply with a final response. If you are an eligible complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) at this time should you wish. We will send you a leaflet explaining how to do this. The use of the FOS does not prejudice your legal rights.
- If you are not happy with the outcome of our investigation; once we have issued you with our final response, if you are an eligible complainant, you will be able to refer your complaint to the FOS; again a leaflet will be provided at this time explaining how.
- You are an eligible complainant if you are ‘a consumer, a micro enterprise or a charity or trust(ee) with an annual income or asset value respectively for the latter two, of less than £1 Million’.
- A micro enterprise is defined as ‘an enterprise which: (a) employs fewer than ten persons; and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million.
For further information on referring a complaint, and to help you decide if you are an eligible complainant please contact the FOS at: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
The Financial Ombudsman Service
London E14 9SR
Tel: 0845 080 1800; 0300 123 9 123; or 020 7964 0500.